We are focused on Creating Digital Champions Made In Africa For The World by ensuring our children succeed in the modern world. By teaching them how to capitalize and harness the power of the internet safely, creatively and socially we ensure that they have all the relevant tools at their fingertips literally.
Age 7 – 12 Years Class Starts at 8:00 am – 10:00 am
Age 13 – 17 Years Class Starts at 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Don’t let them miss out, sign them up for any of our classes throughout the year.
- Cohort 5 – 18th January to 21st March 2020
- Cohort 6 – 28th March to 6th June 2020
- Cohort 7 – 13th June to 15th August 2020
- Cohort 8 – 22nd August to 24th October 2020
- Cohort 9 – 31st October to 28th November 2020
Parents Unplugged 2020 Training Sessions
Fun Fact; There is at least 1 data or Intenet enabled gadget in a typical household in Kenya and collectively, there are more phones in Africa than there are toilets. “Who has these phones? ” Well, your guess is as good as mine.
Our Parents Unplugged Program seeks to enable parents and guardians to cultivate a conducive home environment that is ideal for meaningful use of technology.
- We guide parents and (the child’s ecosystem) to forge powerful and meaningful connections with their children. We need to create relationships that make our children feel psychological and socially safe in our presence.
It is said that good things in life are enjoyed in moderation, technology is one of those good things. When it is used mindfully and with controls, it enriches our lives but when it is used compulsively without boundaries, it degrades our lives and robs us of human connections.
Discover the new age of parenting by signing up to our 5 week Parents Unplugged Program:
Our Parenting Class Time;
Morning Class: 6:30 am – 8:00 am
Evening Class 6:00 am – 7:30 pm
- Cohort 2 – 14th January – 11th February 2020
- Cohort 3 – 24th March – 21st April 2020
- Cohort 4 – 9th June – 7th July 2020
- Cohort 5 – 18th August – 15th September 2020
- Cohort 6 – 27th October – 24th November 2020
Our Social Outreach Days 2020
As a Social Enterprise we aim at providing family-based IT solutions, our main goal is to promote digital inclusion by championing SDG 9 – Reduced Inequality in Kenya and across Africa
Through our social outreach program – Light It Up Blue, we are able to teach children with Neurological Disability on ways to harness technology.
This program is done by each Whiz Kids Africa Cohort at our Partner school Haven Cottage in Kileleshwa.
- 1st Outreach – 20th February 2020 Autism Awareness
- 2nd Outreach – 18th June 2020
- 3rd Outreach – 19th November 2020